On the excursion "From the Peasantry to the Gentry's Manor House", you can see how the locals lived over a century ago –how they managed on their own in the countryside and what delicacies were served up at the manor. On the bus trip, you'll hear about Kuopio, Koivumäki Manor and the Riuttala Farmhouse Museum in Karttula, their history and their present. You are free to look around for yourself and learn about Finnish culture and the way of life more than a hundred years ago. The local guide is with the group throughout the day.
- Duration: The tour takes about 5-5½ hours.
- Location and starting point: Excursion on weekdays, 9am–2pm/2.30pm or 11am–4pm/4.30pm. Departure and return point, e.g. in front of Kuopio City Hall, Tulliportinkatu 31, 70110 Kuopio, or by arrangement.
- Group size: 10 –25 persons.
- Availability: For groups by arrangement in summer 2021.
- Guide languages: Finnish, English
- Price: Booked tours €55/person if the group has its own bus; €83/person if a bus is ordered for the group. Prices include VAT.
- Included in the price: Services of a trained guide throughout the day. Admission and guided tour of the Riuttala Farmhouse Museum and your choice of either morning or afternoon coffee with pastries. Guided visit to Koivumäki Manor with a delicious summer lunch consisting of an appetiser buffet, your choice of main course (meat/fish/vegetarian), non-alcoholic drinks, dessert and coffee/tea.
- For an extra charge: Alcoholic drinks with lunch.
- Where you can book: Koivumäen Kartano Oy, tel. +358-17-3614291, www.koivumaenkartano.com or firstname.lastname@example.org